What is Thought Field Therapy (TFT)?
- Thought Field Therapy (TFT) is like a no-needle acupuncture therapy.
- Licensed mental health care professionals who have been properly trained in TFT are reporting positive results in using TFT for the treatment of stress, anger, trauma, phobias, panic, anxiety, excessive guilt, depression, addictive urges, obsession and grief.
- TFT has also shown to be useful with chronic pain.
- Individuals trained in TFT can use it as a self-help tool to foster well-being.
- Although it’s not possible to offer any guarantees TFT is a remarkable technique that combines the health wisdom of the East and West.
People gently tap themselves at certain points and in a prescribed sequence with two fingers. While tapping, they focus on the thoughts, feelings, and physical sensations that they want to get rid of, like those that come along with stress or anxiety. The name of this treatment comes from the focusing on the thought field you want to change, while at the same time, tapping on the appropriate treatment points.
It is believed that TFT eliminates disturbances created by negative emotions by using key meridian points in specific sequences. The sequences are specific to the specific thought field, involving different tapping points in certain orders. Advanced levels of TFT work with individualized treatment sequences for each thought field for a person.